Kerri's Talking Again? Shocker.

Nothing fancy here...just random thoughts that run through my mind as I work my way through life...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

107.9 the Link Leading Lady Banquet

Heading up to Charlotte tonight for the Link Leading Lady Banquet. 107.9 the Link has a great program in place that recognizes and celebrates women in their listening area who are simply amazing. They come from all walks of life and each is very involved with some sort of community service and/or charity. People can go to the radio station's website to nominate someone, and if they are chosen, they get to be interviewed on the air by radio personality, Ramona.

Last fall, a friend of mine secretly nominated me. I got a call from the station just before I was admitted to the hospital. So, I came in and did my interview in late October after returning home. It was a lot of fun.

Then, we got an invitation in the mail to attend a banquet that will celebrate all of the winning leading ladies from throughout 2009. Garrett and I are looking forward to a dress-up, grown-up night out.

It feels so cliche, but you can't help but think, "it's just an honor to be nominated with such an amazing group of women..."

No comments: